UBE Explosives Licences
Training and Assessment is delivered in conjunction with AITAC RTO 3591
Courses that are offered by Terrock:
- Starter Course (Safe Handling and Safe Use of Explosives – SHSU)
- UBE Renewal Course
- Practical and Oral assessment of Shotfirers, Underground, Quarry & Surface mining
Safe Handling and Safe Use of Explosives is an accredited course which will instruct participants in the characteristics of explosives and the safe and efficient methods of handling, using and transporting explosives.
This course has been designed for persons who wish to apply for Licences to Use Explosives issued under the authority of the Dangerous Goods Act and the relevant mine and quarry legislations. It is an Approved Course under the Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2022, and the mines and quarry regulations.
The course is organised and conducted by experienced blasting engineers, specialising in blast design, analysis and the environmental effects of blasting.
Theoretical sessions include instruction in:
- Applicable blasting and explosives regulations
- Commercial explosives and accessories
- Storage and transport of explosives
- Deterioration and disposal of explosives
- Charging and firing explosives
- Handling misfires
Practical sessions will cover necessary safety procedures, and blasthole priming & loading. During these sessions the safe disposal of detonators and other explosives is demonstrated.
Back to Top
Contact us before proceeding with your application.
Safe Handling and Safe Use of Explosives
The next scheduled Victorian Safe Handling & Safe Use of Explosives Course:
15th - 19th April
|Starter Course (PDF)
UBE Renewal Course
For eligibility contact the course coordinator
|UBE Renewal Course (PDF)
Practical and Oral assessment of Shotfirers, Underground, Quarry & Surface mining
|Practical and Oral Assessment (PDF)
- Travelling, accommodation and explosive licence fees are additional costs that must be met by the applicant
- To comply with the Dangerous Goods Explosive Regulations, participants must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants will be required to undergo an ASIO security clearance prior to the granting of any explosives licence
- Participants should wear protective clothing for the field exercises that meet the requirements of Victorian quarry legislation.
How to apply
- Please contact us before proceeding with your application
- Complete the required application form available to download from the table above
- Applications must include emailed copies of the following identification documents:
- Current drivers’ licence (front & back)
- Australian Medicare Card (front)
- Your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Create a USI through the Australian Government USI website
- We will contact you when we have received your application to arrange for payment.
Contact us if you have sent your application and have not received a response
- WorkSafe Victoria
- For applicants from other states, please contact us for further information.
- Training and Assessment is delivered in conjunction with AITAC RTO 3591